Saturday, August 13, 2011

To Go Back in Time

Ahhhh to be a kid again is one of my biggest wishes.

Yesterday, after enjoying one of those more "adult" days (yes, I mean I actually had to be responsible...idk), I spent some down time with this super wonderful, attractive, sweet, and fun boy I know (yes, I mean my boyfriend, Nathan). And guess what we did.


[On my driveway]

[Local Elementary School]


Yeah, that's right, we colored with chalk. Bubble letters to welcome my sister home and the chalk outlines to color in. On an elementary school playground and everything! Then at home, we played with Play-Doh!! The only thing to complete the night would have been fingerpainting...unfortunately, I don't own fingerpaints and my shirt was white. But regardless, the night was wonderful. And I experienced being a child again...but maturely. ;) Also at my house, we listened to music (what better thing to do for a youtube junkie like me and an OFFICAL music major at BYU-I like him to do? LOL). Innocence by Inside Out was probably my favorite song of the night.

"Innocence, simplicity of youth/ Not a care in the world but more charity than you could ever ask for/ I wanna run and I wanna shout and I wanna play your game/ I wanna know what you're about, will you please stay with me/ 'Cause I feel like a child again, and you are my best friend/ And I know that we can live forever, stay with me there's no end."

So, my challenge this time is not a thought-provoking one, but rather the opposite. Stop thinking. Stop freaking out over your job or your family or your dinner you almost burned or your thousands of projects. Stop pondering hidden questions of the universe and stop trying to figure out ways to feel satisfied. Take a moment and be a child again. Walk around outside in your bare feet, pick a weed and put it in a vase, color with crayons- outside the lines of course- or chalk, play with play-doh or mud...get dirty, throw a fit, go to bed early but hide a flashlight under the covers so you can stay up later secretly. Be a child. We all need another chance at that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment