Saturday, September 24, 2011

Excuses

THREE WEEKS WENT BY??? I could write up a bunch of excuses or I could just get on with inspiring the world and keeping everyone satisfied with their daily dose of my wit and charm...

Excuses it is.

I work. I work a lot. I worked 44 hours in two of those weeks. Subway loves me. Or maybe just Sandy, my boss. Because the store hates me. Every time I turn around, I drop something, run into something and bruise badly, or cut myself on something. I am really a klutz. And sometimes I have really stressful days. For example, my morning shifts are always a little rough because I'm still kinda tired and it's just me and Sandy and I'm always on edge like I have to impress her every second. Even though I've been working there for a month and so I can't really make her hate me at this point. I mean, she has taught me how to close, bake bread, prep any and all foods, pull bread and other frozens, cash out...it's not really hard to work anything there. The only things I can't do are manager presponsibilities. Like recording waste or inventory. Which actually come to think of it, I helped with inventory the other day...

Alright, so 44 hours in two weeks. That doesn't account for everything. Just wait. I got a second job. As a sales rep at Olan Mills. I was getting paid commission to walk around Meijer and sell picture packages. Which was a LOT of rejection, a LOT of walking, and a LOT of time I couldn't use at Subway. I could have been getting 5 and 6 hours closing shifts at Subway but I instead I was getting commission-paid 4 horus shifts that left me sore and frustrated. It wasn't worth it, so I actually quit. Yes, I got a job and quit since I last posted...
It was an epic fail job. Trust me.

I've also been going on dates. Yes, that's right, my boyfriend and I do things together. For example, we had a bonfire at his house. And we go to church activities. And he visited me at work once. And we fingerpaint. Well...I fingerpainted. Like on paper. Pictures. And designs. Mostly just designs. And he...uhm...well...
...He finger painted on my face...
...So I got him back...

Which was actually pretty okay to me (obviously... ^check out my grin^ lol), but it really brings me back to my childhood. I think I wrote about this for the chalk drawings, too. It's pretty amazing. I find myself forgetting my cares so much. Not forgetting life, but...worries I guess.

Let's see...OH! And I babysat these adorable boys. :) Tate, Terik, and Tueller Jenkins. They are 10, 10 and 11, I think. And they are so much fun for me. But let me tell you, Wednesday especially was an interesting one to handle...



Needless to say it's a hectic bunch. ^_^ Yeah, the picture was posed, but these things were actually happening. Nathan (the super attractive one hugging me) was actually trying to be a boyfriend rather than help, Donavan and Tate (Donavan is actually my brother, not someone I was babysitting, but he came over one day) were being kinda loud, Tueller was mostly just there. He was the only posed one, but I wanted him in the picture. And Terik, the one on the left (my right) had a lot to say. He was the one who helped me most of the time with anything I needed to know. He's the youngest, but he is certainly the biggest help. And Tori was behind the camera trying to do a picture for photography class.
I love my hectic life, but sometimes I forget about time. How much I have. How much goes to other people. How much goes to me...
Somehow, even when it goes to other people it goes to me. Because let me tell you, without Subway or babysitting or blogging or anything else I do, I wouldn't quite be me. Time makes us who we are. Kangeroos need time to learn to stand on their own, Birds need time to learn to fly, and Butterflies need time to become beautiful.
And I need time (and work) to do all three. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment