Thursday, July 28, 2011

The First Day

I  have been alive for 6,602 days.

For you non-math geniuses, that means I am 18 years old (and some change). I don't feel 18 years old, but I am. One day I will feel 18 years old, I'm sure of it. Unfortunately, I'll probably actually be 23.

I think that's my favorite thing about life. You can literally take it one day at a time, but you can think about the days-- previous and future-- as if they are a part of today. It's all relative to how you consider moments, seconds, hours, days...Time. It's one of my favorite concepts. That's why I started a blog. I wanted to be able to document each day as it comes. I keep a journal, but this seemed somehow...easier. How sad is that? In this day it is far more reasonable to have a blog and type out a documentation of our lives than it is to write out what we think and feel.

The days have gone by so fast.

So, about today. I have a job interview at Taco Bell. It's my third interview in my life but the other two didn't sound promising, so I got desperate. Fast. Food. I would normally make a disgusted face at it but, at this point, a job is a job. And I need to pay for college somehow.

More craziness!!! I'm going to college!! I know a guy who went to college at the same place I'm going (Brigham Young University- Idaho) over the same time that I'm going to be out there (Winter/Spring track, January through July). He was gone for 203 days. That's intense. Especially since the whole time, I was admiring from afar. No, I'm not going into mushy boyfriend stories today (there are other days for that, like our one month anniversary in 2 days or his birthday in 6 days), but it does put things in perspective. I leave for the same experience in December (I'd say how many days, but I don't know which day I actually leave). Time certainly flies.

So, here goes my very first day with this whole blog idea. I have a plan for this little project, but for now I shall conclue my first post.

Adios, See ya, Good-bye, Adieu...however else you conclude a blog post. Until another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment