Yeah, the song is stuck in my head now. Go figure.
Well, the Taco Bell job interview went...well, it could have gone better. I ended up totally upset that I sorta fail at life, but I only gave myself around 19 hours of being upset and then I ended up spending time with Nathan. We ate ice cream and watched classic Disney movies, Mulan and Beauty and the Beast. Lots of girls saving their daddies, which was entirely coincidence. Maybe we should have watched The Little Mermaid. Pretty much the opposite there, I've noticed. Disney aims to please, and sometimes the themes of some are contridicted by the understory of other movies. For example, in Tangled and The Little Mermaid, they find themselves ready to take on the consequences of leaving their parents and searching for their dreams. Which is important. But in Mulan and Beauty and the Beast, they learn that by doing everything they can to keep their family as a top priority, they find true love. Dreams and love are both very important.
Disney is Timeless. This fits nicely with my general theme.
Timeless is an interesting word. I think it means that you can't just erase it. Pretend it's part of another era. People say chivalry is also timeless, that it belongs in all times, but that seems to be dying. Disney, though, that is some seriously timeless stuff. Dreams, love, family...I can't watch the Lion King enough times in my life because it really is just timeless. They say love-- the true kind-- is timeless. It doesn't matter if you spend a moment or an hour or a year together, that it's still perfect and beautiful and important. The hard part is discovering if it's the timeless kind, or if your moments in love with one person are just grains of sand in your hourglass. I think that's the thing with dreams, too. What happens when you dream too low and you get there too fast? Your time in dreaming has ended, and here you are just coasting. I think that's why it's important to have big dreams. Little dreams, too, but the big dreams that will take a whole lifetime are important. You can never coast in those timeless things. Because life here on earth is NOT timeless. So you have to make every moment count. Every second we live, we are a second closer to saying goodbye.
Our legacy can be timeless. What we leave behind. I want to leave behind words of inspiration and wisdom. I want to leave behind a family that I taught and raised with the right ideas of the world. I want to leave behind dreams I didn't quite reach but I spend my whole life reaching for. I want to leave behind love and the results of my work. Stories, strength I helped others find, something that someone can lean on when they can't lean on me anymore. And Disney. I'll leave that behind, too. Because that seems to have the right idea about how to handle yourselves if you look at the positive side of things.
So as our hourglass runs out of sand, I think we should be respectful of it, but live like we have forever. Because leaving behind something unfinished is better than being finished and just waiting to leave it all behind. This weekend I think I want to focus on the timeless things I have in life.
Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment